Please find information below for our online training options for allied health professionals:
- Therapeutic Tools of the Trade – A subscription-based online training with weekly livestreams presenting clinical tools and strategies for working with clients and managing your own self-care.
- 12 Points to Becoming an Animal-Assisted Therapist is an introductory program for those interested in learning more about AAT work, including; an overview of AAT theories, finding the right animal co-therapist and how to get started in the field.
- Understanding the NDIS for Allied Health professionals – ongoing access to the closed FB group with 2 webinar recordings, a recorded presentation from our PD day, templates and instructional forms plus ongoing support.
Therapeutic Tools of the Trade is all about sharing resources and information amongst like-minded mental health clinicians. There are 2 levels of membership:
- FREE access – join when you like and stay for as long as you like without paying for anything!
- Subscription-based which entitles you to custom and customisable resources, access to monthly online group supervision and reduced prices on other training packages.
Feel free to click on the hyperlink above and send me a join request before you commit to the paid version and you can upgrade anytime.
Please note: you must be a registered mental health clinician to gain access to this group.
12 Points to Becoming an Animal-Assisted Therapist
This program is designed as a ‘what I wish I had known’ when I started down the road to becoming an animal-assisted therapist nearly a decade ago. It is NOT a program to train you and your animal to become an animal handler team, but it will help you decide if AAT is right for you and your animal friend AND point you in the right direction in terms of where to next. E.g., training providers, things to consider in regards to your taxes and insurances and demonstrates why the proper training is so crucial to getting the most out of AAT. You can visit and join the FB page for free here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/introtoAAI and this has some introductory materials, including a demo video of what AAT can look like in practice. Then, if you’re interested in learning more, you can progress to the paid course. To do that: 1) make payment via the paypal link below 2) make sure you include the email address you want to use for the program in the paypal notes to seller – this is what I’ll use to send you the course info via a Dropbox link. 3) start working your way through the modules!
Understanding the NDIS
This group is all about helping you navigate the NDIS system as a mental health clinician (suitable for OTs, psychs, counsellors and AMHSWs). $49 for unlimited, ongoing access. Please note: you must be a registered mental health clinician to gain access to this group.
We’re so excited to finally reveal the finished product of what has truly been a labour of love!
One of our good friends, Gemma Olsen, the owner/director of Patient Paws Animal-Assisted Education and Therapy wrote this beautiful book based on her experiences working in aged care with her gorgeous golden retriever, George.
With the addition of illustrations from our low-cost counsellor and IT manager, Mathew Keany, this touching story is presented as a heart-warming example of the very real two-way connection between people and animals and serves as a gentle exploration of grief, loss and recovery.
We have a limited number of first edition copies available here for purchase and you can preview the story on the 12 Points FB page: here.
This price includes one copy of your book + p/h within Australia.